Sleep Observer Scale
The following questions relate to the behavior that you have observed in your bed partner while he/she is asleep. Use the following scale to choose the most appropriate number for each situation.
0 = Never
1 = Infrequently (1 night per week)
2 = Frequently (2-3 nights per week)
3 = Most of the time (4 or more nights per week)
- Loud, irritating snoring ______
- Choking or gasping for air ______
- Pauses in breathing ______
- Twitching / kicking of arms or legs ______
- Snoring requiring separate bedrooms ______
- Falling asleep inappropriately (example: while driving or at meetings) ______
Total score ______
A score of 5 or greater indicates symptoms which are affecting the health, safety, or quality of life of the observed person. If this is the case, we recommend you contact us to set up a consultation.